Car Sales Closing Techniques
When you sell cars for a living one of the most common terms you will hear is closing the deal. Sometimes a successful car salesman or a sales manager might be called a strong closer or a good closer which means they are skilled at closing the deal with the customer. If you are determined to make the big money you will need to sharpen your car sales closing skills. Below you will find the auto sales closing methods and techniques that most of the other techniques have evolved from or they are variations of these car closes.
Whether you are new to the car business or have been selling for years it will help you to know these car sales closing techniques like the back of your hand. The better you know them the more you will use them and the better you will become.
Car Sales Closing - Show Me the Money
1. Assume They Are Buying: This is by far one of my favorite car sales closing methods. When you assume the sale is a done deal you naturally act and talk in a way that not only is conducive to completing the sale but the customer will pick up on you words and actions and follow along. When you move through the steps to the sale assuming they are going to buy a car at the end of the process the customer will either buy the car or they will object. If they object you then move on to overcoming their objections.
2. Ask Them to Buy: This may sound simple, but you would be surprised how often new sales people or less experienced car salesmen continue to talk about the vehicle without ever asking for the sale. However you must remember that you don't stop asking after once or twice. Typically when you use this car sales closing technique the first thing that comes out of your customers mouth is an objection. Great, that means you are moving forward, see objections below.
3. Create Urgency: If you are in the car business, you know how important it is to sell them NOW because we all know about "Be Backs". The car buyer has a tendency to say we are just looking or we are not in a hurry, but it is your job to get them sold NOW. Sometimes in order to accomplish your goal you need to create a sense of urgency in your customer for your car sales closing attempts to work. You want to make them believe they are going to miss out on something if they don't buy now. An example might be the end of a sale or availability of the specific car they are interested in buying. A note of caution here: a little goes a long way and when you overdo the urgency combined with closing the sale you can come off as being pushy or as a high pressure salesman.
4. Make it Easy for Them to Say Yes: Listen to what they want and then make their wants and needs part of your car sales closing statements. Use their statements to close the deal. For example: You said wanted a red car with a sunroof and a payment under $400, right! or You said you needed a car that gets 30 miles to the gallon that seats five people that has remote entry and $5000 for your trade-in, right! Are you getting the idea now, you make it easy for them to buy a car when you have filled their needs and wants and use their words to make that point.
5. Go for the Gold - Objections: This is where the money is, it's in the objections of your customer. When it comes to car sales closing it always comes down to objections. It is the customer's way of saying: I am not convinced yet, I need more information or You didn't build enough value in your product, dealership and yourself. It's not that they don't want to buy the car; it means that you have some work to do before they buy the car. Overcome their objections one at a time like a checklist and then close the car sale.
The car salesman will often use several of these car sales closing methods or a combination of the many other techniques that are designed to sell a car. It all comes down to closing the sale with your customer and they must be willing to buy the car because no matter what techniques you use to sell the customer they have to make the ultimate automobile buying decision.